Permanent – Full time
Whanganui Collegiate School is a leading Anglican coeducational, seven-day boarding and day school which has been providing first class education for 169 years. We are a Round Square Global school, and in 2024 will be offering Cambridge IGCSE at Year 11.
Due to our current Chaplain, Reverend Sue Paton, accepting the position of Canon Precentor at Wellington Cathedral, we now seek an engaging, suitably qualified, and experienced Chaplain is sought to provide spiritual leadership and support for our Anglican schools, Whanganui Collegiate School (Years 9-13) and St George’s School (Years 1-8).
As School Chaplain, you will:
- Lead the worshipping life of our community with creativity and energy, celebrating the sacraments pursuant to a Bishop’s Licence and in accordance with the doctrine of the Anglican Church in Aotearoa New Zealand and Polynesia.
- Connect closely with students, staff, parents and our wider school communities.
- Raise awareness of and assist students to work towards social justice and care of the environment within the Schools and in their community.
- Connect the Schools communities and their students to the wider Body of Christ
The successful applicant will:
- Be an inspiring and engaging speaker able to connect with students, staff and families.
- Have demonstrated experience providing pastoral care and guidance to young people, and delivery of school chaplaincy to a school community.
- Have a proven ability to support and inspire students in their spiritual education and wellbeing.
- Have excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills.
- Have a caring, warm and pro-active approach.
- Have an understanding of the key issues in education.
- Be able to demonstrate spiritual commitment and support for community activities.
- A current teacher’s registration would be an advantage but is not necessary.
For further information or to request an application form please contact: