MOUNT ALBERT GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Hostel Manager – Centennial House
This is a unique opportunity to join the staff of one of Auckland most successful schools in the exciting new role of Hostel Manager for the newly established girls boarding facility.
2022 will see the opening of Centennial House, our boarding facility for girls. This House is within walking distance of the school and will see up to 25 places available for students. Mount Albert Grammar School has a long tradition of boarding, with School House for boys boarding established in 1927.
This role will be varied, busy and challenging and is supported by the Board of Trustees, Senior Leadership Team and the Director of Boarding as well as other Centennial House Staff. There are both strategic and operational aspects to the position.
The successful candidate will be expected to
- Lead the team responsible for attending to the needs of Centennial House students and ensure students can comfortably relate to the adults in charge of their well-being,
- Oversee the daily routines and duties involved in the smooth running of the Centennial House to ensure physical and emotional welfare needs of the students are met.
- Maintain an environment in Centennial House where students are secure physically and emotionally
This position requires a person with
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship skills
- An empathy for teenage girls.
- A strong moral compass
- Strong organization, planning, management, reflection skills
- Experience in leadership fostering teams
This is a full-time position, and the Hostel Manager – Centennial House is required to live on-site. This position could suit a couple or single person. The salary package includes accommodation, electricity and water.
Please refer to staff vacancies on our website (www.mags.school.nz) for the job description.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please send your cover letter, completed Mount Albert Grammar School support staff application form and CV to email@example.com.