Resident Boarding Manager
– Full-Time, Permanent
– Commencing Mid August 2021, or earlier by negotiation.
At St Cuthbert’s we know girls – we’ve been educating and growing amazing young women for over a century now, and our heritage and values are renowned. So are our academic results, but here excellence isn’t just a grade; it’s about encouraging every girl to achieve her personal best. Choosing St Cuthbert’s gives an advantage that our girls will carry through life.
About the role:
St Cuthbert’s College is looking to appoint a full-time, permanent Resident Boarding House Manager to join our team of committed Boarding House Staff. Reporting to the Director of Boarding, you will be managing a House of 46 Year 7-12 female Boarders. Our three Boarding Houses accommodate 127 Boarders. You will have a great attitude, strong customer service skills, be energetic and have a consistently helpful and professional approach to our students and their families. The attractive salary package includes onsite accommodation in a two-bedroom self-contained apartment.
This is a key role and responsibilities are:
- The effective management of the Boarding House and the Boarders;
- The well-being and safety of our Boarders;
- Assisting with the coordination and organization of Boarding House programmes;
- Working closely with students, parents and designated caregivers in conjunction with the College staff;
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A genuine interest in the pastoral care of teenage girls;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collegiately;
- Enthusiastic, patient, flexible and reliable;
- A team player orientation, with maturity and professionalism;
- Computer literate, good attention to detail, administrative experience and an accurate data/record keeper;
- Experience within the health or education sectors (particularly working with teenage girls) would be an advantage but not a requirement;
- Ability to communicate with empathy and understanding with adolescent girls;
– A cheerful, calm and humorous disposition;
– Experience in pastoral care.
The successful applicant will work the following hours:
During term time
- Sundays 10.30 pm – Monday 9:00 am;
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 2.30 pm – 9:00 am the following day;
- Attendance at Boarding House events as listed in the job description.
During term breaks
- 2 days in each term break, 8:00 am- 4:30 pm;
- 1 week prior to the beginning of Term 1, 8:00 am-4.30 pm;
- 1 week following the end of Term 4, 8:00 am-4.30 pm.
Additional benefits for this role are:
- Meals are provided whilst on duty
- Accommodation is provided onsite in a two-bed self-contained apartment
- Access to sports facilities
- Free car parking
Are you ready to make a difference?
Applications Closing Date: Wednesday 23 June 2021