Head Of Boarding
Commencement Date:- To Be Negotiated
At St Cuthbert’s we know girls – we’ve been educating and growing amazing young women for over a century now, and our heritage and values are renowned. So are our academic results, but here excellence isn’t just a grade; it’s about encouraging every girl to achieve her personal best. Choosing St Cuthbert’s gives an advantage that our girls will carry through life. Our Boarding House caters for domestic and International students in Years 7 -13 and strives to provide a supportive and family type environment. Staff are provided with professional learning opportunities and are well supported in their roles.
About the role:
St Cuthbert’s College requires a Head of Boarding with the experience required to provide effective management of the St Cuthbert’s College Boarding Houses and to provide effective individual pastoral care and comprehensive pastoral care programmes for the Boarders. The position is leadership role managing an experienced and dedicated boarding team. Personal qualities required to be successful in the role include initiative, flexibility, adaptability and ability to multi -task.
The very attractive salary package for the role includes;
Onsite Accommodation – Spacious family home with a large deck and garden
Access to Sports facilities
Designated car parking
Hours of work:
Term time 38 weeks -Fri 8.00am to 4.30pm. Overnight Supervision of the Senior House Sunday – Thursday 10.30 pm to 7.00 am. Available to attend to any illness, issues or emergency events. In addition – One week of five days following the end of Term 4 and one week of five days prior to the commencement of Term 1. Two days in each of the Terms 1, 2 and 3 breaks. On call for all emergencies term time.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a pastoral care role dealing with adolescent girls
- An understanding of different cultures and the needs of International students
- Previous and/or current teaching experience (desirable but not essential)
- Understanding of restorative justice practices
- Experience in a leadership position managing Team Members
- Experience managing budgets
- Very strong written/verbal communication skills
- Understanding and use of various media and advanced computer literacy skills
- An ability to organise and facilitate pastoral activities for the students both onsite
- Appreciate the need to follow all College policies and procedures and to ensure the
wellbeing of staff and students, including Health and Safety
Applications close – Monday 2nd May 2022