Assistant Principal College House
- Christchurch Location
- Lead Student Wellbeing
- Experienced Education Professional
About The Role
The Assistant Principal at College House (CH) is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, engaged in the full life of the College and responsible for the welfare of all students. This role is responsible for the leadership of:
- Student wellbeing at CH and guidance of the student leaders (House Council and Room 16’s)
- Residential Assistants
- A high-quality tutorial programme
- All CH events, including the Alumni programme
- Marketing and Branding, including social media, school visits, handbook and magazine.
Skills and Experience
We seek an educational leader with strong presence and mana, who is able to move easily between a variety of social, educational and cultural contexts. You will:
- Put staff and student wellbeing at the forefront of your thinking and actions,
- Have a passion for the pastoral and academic leadership of students,
- Being recognised as superbly organised, with exceptional time management skills,
- Have a caring and personable style, with empathy for working with youth
- Have some marketing experience, however this is not essential.
- Tight knit collaborative team, in a strong values-focussed organisation,
- Key member of the senior leadership team,
- Autonomous and flexible role,
- Excellent level of professional development provided,
- Attractive remuneration.
About College House
College House is a tertiary hall of residence for 159 University of Canterbury first and second year students. Modelled on the Oxbridge concept, it has a rich history with students enjoying strong traditions and heritage. College House is proud to offer students a unique community spirit and an environment that offers the best possible start to university life. As well as the provision of a strong academic tutoring and pastoral care structure for students, it also offers conference facilities for hire during the holiday periods.
College House’s vision is to be the outstanding tertiary hall of residence in New Zealand and everything is underpinned by the CH values of excellence, collaboration, integrity and accountability. This exciting time for College House represents an opportunity for a skilled educational leader who is maybe looking for a change of scene and a role where they can give back to a highly talented educational community.
See our website for more information on College House: https://www.collegehouse.org.nz/
About College House:
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting 7751sk.
Applications close on 12th September 2021.
Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a Position Description please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz
For more information please phone Louise Green on +64 3 353 4367