BOARDING HOUSE MANAGER
- Full Time Fixed Term
St Cuthbert’s College is an Independent day and boarding school for girls, founded in the Presbyterian tradition. We provide a personalised approach to education for our 1400 students from Reception to Year 13.
Reporting to the Director of Boarding, St Cuthbert’s are looking to appoint a full time Boarding House Manager, to work in our Senior Boarding House (Year 12 and 13 Boarders). This pivotal role is responsible for:
- The efficient and effective management of the Boarding House.
- The well-being and safety of our Boarders.
- Assisting with the co-ordination and organisation of Boarding social events and activities.
- Working closely with students, parents and designated caregivers in conjunction with the College staff.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A genuine interest in the Pastoral Care of adolescent girls.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collegially.
- Enthusiasm and patience.
- A team player orientation, with maturity and professionalism.
- Proven administrative experience and IT skills.
- Experience in a similar role or with a background in health / education (particularly working with adolescent girls) would be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate with empathy and understanding with adolescent girls.
The successful applicant would work the following regular hours:
- Sunday to Thursday 2.30pm – 10.30pm (Term time)
- 2 days in each term break
- 1 week prior to the beginning of term 1
- 1 week following the end of term 4
Additional benefits for this role are:
- On-site shared rental accommodation may be available
- Meals are provided whilst on duty
- Access to sports facilities
- Free car parking
Commencement is 6 August 2017 and an attractive salary package will be negotiated.
Closing Date: 20 July 2017
Apply today by downloading our application form from Boarding Staff
Vacancies at: http://www.stcuthberts.school.nz/employment/boarding-staff-vacancies/
E-mail application form, your CV and covering letter to recruitment @stcuthberts.school.nz